Friday, September 9, 2016

verses

"When Jesus saw her weeping... he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled." (John 11:33)

"Job stood up and tore his robe in grief.  Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground in worship." (Job 1:20)

"I know the Lord is always with me.  I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me... My body rests in safety." (Ps. 16:8-9)

From these words I am comforted to know that God knows our pain, our grief, because he felt it Himself - and still weeps with us when we weep.  And I find I amazing that Job could be in such utter anguish and still worship God - but I think in this instance the worship is not just for God's benefit.  We when worship God and thank Him for His goodness, we draw nearer to Him, to His comfort and His love, and that is for our benefit.  The last verse explains how when we are near God, we can rest in safety.  Such a comforting promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment