Tuesday, September 20, 2016

dancer girl

I just had to brag about my dancer girl real quick. Kate was upset we had to leave Texas right when she was about to earn her pointe shoes in ballet.  But she bravely visited a ballet school here in California over the summer and joined the class a few weeks ago. She loves to dance.  She always has.  She chose to join a ballet school here where she dances a minimum of four classes a week.  I thought it was a bit much, but she works hard and wanted to make the commitment, so I let her.  That, and the teacher is just super sweet - I love her cheerful attitude towards the girls.  But, in addition, Kate auditioned for the a Nutcracker ballet at a local dance company over the weekend.  And we found out last night she was given a roll!  She will be one of the dolls in the party scene.  She seems pretty excited about it and I am so happy for her.  It genuiely makes my heart happy to see her doing something she loves.  And I truly believe she will be dancing for her daddy while he is smiling down at his graceful, beautiful baby girl.  This picture was taken right before her performance this past May in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment