Monday, June 27, 2016

Lackland Memorial

Precious friends, Many of you know that I tragically lost my dear husband this past Friday. I honestly have been unable to keep track of who has been notified or how, so I am sending this blanket email out now, just so I don't miss anyone. Please forgive me if this is redundant, unexpected, or just a rambling mess of an email. Communication has been very, very difficult for me these past few days. First, please know that the children and I so appreciate all the loving notes, phone calls, and ways many of you have reached out to us during this excruciatingly painful time. It's a pain more overwhelming than I've ever known but you all have been a light in a dark place for me. I have not been able to reply to most of your precious words yet, but I read them and am truly blessed by them. So thank you. For those that asked, Ryan's memorial service at Lackland AFB will be on Thursday, June 30th at 9:30am. It's a memorial service for his squadron, so they can say good-bye and begin to heal. The children and myself will be there, along with a few of Ryan's family members. Those in the San Antonio area with base access are also more than welcome to attend. If you are in San Antonio and want to attend but don't have base access, let me know and I can have our family liaison contact you to get you access that day. The best way is probably to text me with that information, as I haven't had a chance to wade through all your sweet and loving emails just yet. For those in California, Ryan will be laid to rest in Santa Maria, California later in July, probably July 15th or so. Our children both have July birthdays and I just feel strongly that it's best not to ask them to have to bury their precious daddy during their birthday week. Again, text me if you'd like those details and I will provide them once I know arrangements. This is an absolutely overwhelming time for us right now, so please forgive me if I don't respond or communicate well. I truly do want to talk with you all and appreciate your support more than I can say, but taking one breath at a time and focusing on my children has been an all consuming effort. I don't have words for the hurt we all are feeling right now. I just ask that you all pray and continue to pray for my children. A lot. We all miss Ryan with an ache that can't be filled. He was such a loving, precious husband and dad. We miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment