Tuesday, May 23, 2017

it is what it is

I know I have shared a few of these podcasts recently but I absolutely love love love this interview with Judy Villanueva and am bursting to share it with you all!  Her description of how God speaks to her is EXACTLY how God speaks to me and I just have never been able to put that into words like she so beautifully and simply does here.  I found myself nodding in agreement and could relate to everything she was saying in this interview - the consent to allow God to let His goodness pass by us in ordinary and beautiful things all day long, the struggle to "stay in the conversation" as life happens, the idea of staying present in the reality of this moment right now, and even (or especially!) her remark about how she will bristle at or turn away when people come right at her face-to-face with God's Word, so God instead approaches her with a gentle hug from behind.  This is so much a glimpse of my heart and her response to a gentle, patient God is so much my experience.  It reminds me of a book called "The Allure of Gentleness" and I just love how our God is so gentle and patient and loving in His communication with us.  I could keep rambling on, but instead I will let the 31 minutes of this podcast do the talking, it's beautiful.  Enjoy!

Link: It Is What It Is

the gorgeous view God painted for me from a hike last weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment